If you have weak, damaged, short or sparse eyelashes, eyelash hair transplant may be an ideal solution to your problem. It is equally beneficial for those who has suffered their lashes because of some trauma or have lost lashes because of pulling or simply want thicker lashes. There can be various reasons behind eyelash hair loss but eyelash hair transplant in Dubai can help you restore thicker lashes.
Causes of Eyelash Hair LossThere are multiple factors that can cause hair loss in the eyelashes. Here are few of them.
- Eyelash hair loss can be due to a natural process with time affected by certain habits like consistent rubbing of the eyes.
- Cancer patients that undergo chemotherapy can also lose eyelashes like the hair on their scalp.
- This can be both be a short term or long term hair loss.
- Blepharitis – a medical condition – too can lead to loss of eyelash hair. It is a condition in which eyelids are swollen due to severe growth of bacteria. The condition cannot be cured but can be managed.
- Use of mascara can cause allergies to many people resulting in loss of eyelashes. Since mascaras often have chemicals in them, the risk is always there.
- Trichotillomania or the impulsive urge to pull hair out is a mental disorder and people tend to pull out hair from the scalp, the eyes brows and the eyelashes. Such hair loss is generally permanent.
- Both overactive and under-active thyroid too can cause hair fall in the eyes lashes. Though they cause a damage in different manners, the result is the same..
Eyelash Hair TransplantEyelash hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair grafts are extracted from the scalp and inserted in the eyelash area. The procedure does not involve any large incisions or severe wounds and is done under local anesthesia. Sometimes mild oral sedatives are given to the patient prior to the surgery to ensure that no sensation of pain is felt during the procedure which lasts for a couple of hours. Both men and women can benefit from this procedure.
You are a good candidate of hair transplant if1- You have naturally thin eyelashes and you are not satisfied with their appearance.
2- Some severe trauma like accident or burn has caused eyelash hair loss.
3- Certain medical treatment like chemotherapy or radiotherapy resulted in eyelash loss.
PreparationIt is required to do some prior preparation to get best outcomes of any treatment. And so it is required for eyelash treatment, too. Following are some basic tips that you should follow in this regard.
• Avoid use of alcohol consumption in any kind.
• Avoid smoking and caffeine.
• Stop intake of aspiring or any other blood thinning substances.
• If you are doing intake of vitamin E supplements then stop it.
• Start using antiseptic soap in your daily usage for facial cleansing.
How eyelash hair transplant is done?The transplant is performed in the same manner as the transplant on the scalp. FUE hair restoration technique is used in this procedure. Here are the steps involved in the procedure.
Administration of anesthesiaThe procedure is performed under local anesthesia. It is administered in both donor area that is usually the side of scalp and the recipient area – eyelash area. Mild oral sedatives are given to the patient prior to the surgery to ensure that no sensation of pain is felt during the procedure which lasts for a couple of hours.
Collection of hair graftsHair are then collected from the donor site using a specialized punch tool.
Insertion of hair graftsCollected follicles are finally grafted into specially made incisions that are made by the surgeon at the recipient site. The total number of grafts though generally is between 25 and 50.
Recovery and resultsAs eyes are a delicate area, you may require some more care during recovery period. The result is in form of long luscious eyelashes that make you stand out. Since the hair continue to grow trimming once a month is required. They achieve the natural curve without any intervention and do not look out of place. They add the missing ingredient to the personality in becoming exquisite.
To learn more about eyelash hair transplant in Dubai or to schedule a procedure, visit us at Dubai Hair Club. You can also sign up for a free online consultation by taking a minute to fill in the form given below.